AJS ’71 Desert Scrambler
We are extremely excited to share these photos of the latest addition to the AJS Heritage Range. This 125cc scrambler is equipped with the high-level exhaust AJS fans have been crying out for, with some additional modifications to improve off-road handling, such as:
- Repositioned footrests
- Redesigned, strong rear brake pedal
- High level stainless steel, wrapped exhaust with 3 heat shields
- Slimmer fuel tank, more comfortable for standing position
- Super strong, black anodised, aluminium-alloy Unison wheel rims
The ’71 Desert Scrambler comes from the same factory as the rest of the Heritage range, however this model uses the Mikuni EFI system. Other features include:
- LED Headlight
- Small LED indicators
- Rubber tank grips as standard
- AJS branded, rounded dual seat for improved comfort
- ‘Blacked out’ effect with black rear shocks, handlebars & side panels
- High-level exhaust which is wrapped and protected with 3 heat shields
- Handy tool box behind the left of the seat
- Decorative rear master cylinder guard
Why the ’71 Desert Scrambler? Well, AJS like to reflect on their history in their Heritage Range, especially when choosing a name and the story behind the ’71 Desert Scrambler is a sure conversation starter. In 1971, AJS rider & competition manager, Mike Jackson, contested in the Barstow to Las Vegas race, which saw 3200 competitors race over the Mojhave Desert, finishing in an impressive 14th place on the AJS Stormer!
AJS have an exciting range of affordable mopeds, scooters and motorcycles for riders with a provisional licence and CBT, AM, A1, A2 & A category motorcycle licences.
For more information on price and availability feel free to call, email or DM us on social media.